Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My First Capsicum

We are very much enjoying the garden at the moment on days which aren't too hot.  It brings us lots of joy and keeps us wishing for a bigger place to plant more things and chase more children - no not more, just more often :)

My rose is blooming again after it's summer pruning - The Children's Rose, a spectacular bloom with splendiferous perfume.  My favourite.


My Flapjack (Kalanchoe), 50c from the Sally's fete, has been repotted and is enjoying sunshine amongst its succulent friends.

 I wonder if it will ever look like this...


Many tomatoes have been harvested and more are ripening.  The cherry tomato varieties we planted in Spring have done fabulously and we'd certainly grow these again.

We are collecting lettuce seeds, although I've tossed these out as these plants bolted to seed, and I mean bolted.  Our next lot are much more beautiful (see above in my little header) and at a more relaxed pace.

Lunch is predominantly from our garden these days - just need to add some protein and carb.

And doesn't my first capsicum look spectacular!!  I can't wait to harvest it and every lunch I hold back waiting for it to mature just a little more.  There are so many things I could do with it though...salad, pizza, stirfry...


This is simple living to me.  


No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin