Thursday, February 19, 2009

Baked Peaches with a Crumble Topping

If two or three persons should come with a high spiritual aim and with great powers, the world would fall into their hands like a ripe peach.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tis the season for peaches.  We were very fortunate this week to receive some peaches from Grandad's neighbour.  Who can turn down fresh fruit from someone's tree in their own backyard and their wonderful generosity to give it to us?  We are privileged.

There were some bumps and bruises on them however and the flavour was perhaps just a little tame, so I have created a very healthy delicious dessert.


Baked Peaches with a Crumble Topping

Halve and de-seed your peaches and place them in an ovenproof dish.

Make a crumble by combining the following ingredients:  
1 tablespoon of shredded coconut per peach half
1 tablespoon honey (maybe more if you are doing a load of peaches)
1 teaspoon rosewater
some crumbled cereal (I use low gluten Kornies (à la cornflakes))

Place the crumble mix on each peach half.
Bake in a preheated 200degC oven for 10-15 minutes until golden.

These are absolutely lovely with a dessert wine such as Bleasdale late picked Verdelho if you feel like indulging just a wee bit.

Simplicity is bliss...enjoy!

7 comments:

David said...

millions of peaches, peaches for me...

sorry, can't help but sing that song every time I think about peaches.

As usual Cee, you've made me hungry now even though there's no possible way I could be! :)

Sharon said...

Hi Cee,

I saw your comment on the Knitty Bitty's blog about the House Helper cloth. I wasn't sure about what "bo" meant either, but I figured out it means "bind off" however many stitches it says in the pattern. I made one of the cloths last night and I love it.

I hope you make some and enjoy yours too.

Cee said...

Hey yeah Dave I love that song too and like you, most things bring songs to my head! We don't have millions here and I know that there'd be millions less if you were here :) But Dave, you're never hungry - unless there's a can of chickpeas or a frig full of leftovers in the house!!

Thanks Sharon for your explanation. I have been over to your blog to let you know how the knitting is going. I'm yet to be 100% happy with it all.

Amy Prior said...

What a luscious recipe! I have a thing for peaches and mangos too. When you eat them you feel all the cells in your body replenish! Thanks for the recipe I must try it!

Cee said...

Oh Yes Umbrellabella - Mangoes are luscious. They are going down beautifully at breakfast time for me at the moment although I'll have to swap to apples soon for Autumn/Winter. Mango stocks are running low.

Louise Knight said...

oh yum

Cee said...

I hope you enjoy them Louise. Thanks for visiting.

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin