Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby Cloth Book

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends;
they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors,
and the most patient of teachers.
~Charles W. Eliot

I recently found How to Make Books: Fold, Cut & Stitch Your Way to a One-Of-A-Kind Book. A fabulous book which has inspired me along many lines. I have always loved book-making and have really enjoyed everything I have produced for Ess since she was born.

Now it is Eee's turn. So inspired by this Stab-Stitched Cloth Book in How to Make Books, I have made her a cloth book to flip and finger and flick through to her heart's content.


I think I like mine more than my inspiration. Isn't that what personal satisfaction in creativity is all about? Have a flip through yourself here.

One is never too young to enjoy reading a book. This cloth book allows independence for my baby in book reading.


I hope this will be a companion for my little lady as she grows, teaching her the joy of reading. The joy of language as we speak about the pictures with her. The joy of reading as she learns to understand that stories are associated with books.




The joy of creation of something which is your own design made with love for another to grow with. The joy of reading together as we snuggle and form bonds as a mother and daughter, also as a larger family as we read together making those ever so important emotional connections.




These little owls have found yet another use in this little book.


These little flowers and butterflies have also featured before on Ess's library bag seen in the abovementioned post.



My darling little Eee absolutely loves it. She sits with it, flicking through, pressing the flower centre buttons and making her "reading book" vocalisations which are so adorable. Kind of like "brrrrrbrrrbrrrbrrrrrrrbrrr" with her lips moving from side to side. Almost like a very light "raspberry" but so very hard to explain in words.



This is my final page. My dedication to my little baby and all my love from her Mummy.

No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin