Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Colouring

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

We've been enjoying some Christmas colouring. Colouring together as a family is one of my favourite activities. It suits my need to be creative, decorative and productive and brings everyone together to enjoy themselves as they explore various combinations of colour and design.

Ess named this stocking 'Stars Galore' and enjoyed creating a star with her textas, seen here in the background.

Here's our row of stockings so far. We have some smaller ones to add also.

Little Eee is enjoying colouring more and more as she grows. She now sits with us longer and is quite focused on making symbols with the textas. Curiously most of her lovely round symbols were drawn around the stocking. So when we cut it out, yes my two year old insists she helps cut with scissors (she is not too bad at it either), I made little baubles with her circular symbols which she duly stuck onto her stocking with glue.


How are you enjoying time together as a family during Advent?

My Christmas Giveaway is on its way (as alluded to in my last post), I'll see you again soon.


3 comments:

shandora said...

gosh Cee Lew, you just gave me a great idea what to do today, as the kids are not going to school and we'll have to stay at home today. Thanks!!!

Homestay Mama said...

What a great idea and way to recycle my old IKEA catalogs! Your's looks so nice!

Cee said...

Oh it is lovely how the simple things inspire! I can't wait to see what you do with your IKEA catalogues. Did you see my Christmas tree from our catalogue last year?
http://ceelew.blogspot.com/2008/11/our-christmas-tree.html

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin