Monday, September 20, 2010

Water Bottle Carriers

I have been completing and commencing numerous sewing projects. I am attributing this to the lovely nesting phase I am now in. Although it is curious that I am organising things around our home to make life easier for us now, rather than really making anything for the new baby.


However I know these new water bottle carriers will make life so much easier for me when my arms become full with baby again - even though I use my sling with my little ones all the time. I have already found it so handy to be able to whip my water bottle over my shoulder to carry it out and about. The girls are also more keen to carry their own bottles. They did so previously, however there have been some drops and some ensuing dents in their stainless steel water bottles so the carriers work wonders for them also.

I really am so very pleased with these and my design of them, they have turned out just as I intended. So very happy :)


And of course there is one for my Generous Gentleman as well. He really enjoys using it which I am super stoked about as it is not often that I am able to sew anything specifically for him. I particularly like the way his has turned out and am really glad I saved that lovely Haigh's ribbon as it sets his off beautifully. Yes I was even allowed to decorate his slightly... so so pleased.


There are many other projects coming to completion in our home - some spring skirt making, cushion covers, bag holders, repurposing face washers for use in the laundry with some stitching and velcro, storage bag making, beach bag making, crochet ripple blanket commencement. Indeed I have been spending more time 'doing' than sitting and reading and writing about them. So let's wait and see how many I get to write about here.

Furthermore I am wondering how many more will actually reach completion with only about 10 or 11 days until our new birth day.

3 comments:

Millie said...

How exciting...10 or 11 days to go! No wonder you are nesting! I look forward to hearing about all the projects.

said...

Wow I have to agree with Millie! IT IS EXCITING!

We will send easy labour along with happy hours to you...

XX nina

Bee Lady said...

Well I'm wondering if you've had that wee bundle of joy yet. It's been 7 days. Love the water bottle holders. I'm going to have to share that idea, as it's hard coming up with sewing projects for guys. Keep us posted. Cindy

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin