Sunday, February 5, 2012

Icing Granny's Lamingtons



We did ice these lamingtons just a day or so after we baked the butter cake for them.
I just have not got to blogging about it.  I'm probably spending my time eating them ;)

Creaming the butter

Sifting icing sugar with cocoa

Adding the secret and unique ingredient ;)



Production line in swing with Ess and Eee.  My hand seems to need to be in every bowl :)


This box of prepared lamingtons reminds me very much of the box my Granny would carry out to our picnics.  Beautiful pale, hand-formed lamingtons, coated in chocolate icing, covered with coconut.


The finished cake is a sweet, rich and moist delectable delight which few can resist the lure of.  Very moorish as well unfortunately.



I have to say that these lamingtons were definitely given the thumbs up.  The girls have been telling me lately that my food should be "sold in a shop".  I think I'd prefer to cook less and eat more than anyone running a shop, and stay home with my family.  Ess is letting me know as I write that "they are certainly fit to be restaurant desserts".  I'll take that as a very high compliment.  Really I am just glad to be creating fond memories for them which they'll cherish for their lifetime.

1 comment:

Bee Lady said...

Gosh Cee, no recipe? Bummer. I had never heard of Lamingtons before. Ever! They do look yummy. What does moorish mean?

Cindy Bee

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin