Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!
In beauty green will always grow
Through summer sun and winter snow.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
You are the tree most loved!
How often you give us delight
In brightly shining Christmas light!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
You are the tree most loved!

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
Your beauty green will teach me
That hope and love will ever be
The way to joy and peace for me.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
Your beauty green will teach me.
Author Unknown

Our Christmas Tree went up last week.  I have found that trees go up in South Australian houses much earlier than I was used to on the east coast. This is due to The Christmas Pageant being held on the second Saturday of November as Father Christmas is welcomed to The Magic Cave at David Jones.  So we have been enjoying the festive season for a little while now and with my little ones in the house I have to say I really do enjoy it.  I don't mind the tree going up before December anymore.  We seem to have a much more relaxed feel for Christmas and more time to make all the lovely decorations, gifts and cards we enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.

So here is our tree from the eyes of our nearly five year old. 


Top...

Middle...

and Bottom.  Ess said to me as she showed me the photos she'd taken independently while I was off busying myself with little Eee.

We have also transformed our IKEA catalogue into a beautiful stylised Christmas tree inspired by little Lilly via Mel's blog.  Thankyou Lilly for your inspiration for a fun and thrifty way to recycle and decorate.  You will find her tutorial on her Mum's blog.


2 comments:

Just like Martha said...

wow Cee it looks really good, the IKEA catalogue is the perfect size...I love your Christmas tree as well we are moving back to Sydney this year so won't have one - I miss it, mum says it will make all the decorations extra special next Chrsitmas - Merry Christmas Luv Lilly x

The Vintage Rose said...

I too have started decorating the house for Christmas, a little greenery on the staircase, the nativity on the piano. Enjoyed reading your blogposts today!

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin