Friday, August 21, 2009

Warm Day ~ Cool Day

The Day Before ~
warmth radiating from the concrete floor beneath my feet
heat warming me through the screen of my car window

I turn to see the sweet, calm face of my sleeping baby
the sun's rays shine on her face
my heart is warmed
my day lifted
peace

The Day ~
greets us with the freshness of a cool morning
no sun, no warmth
winds blow and the cool remains

I cuddle my baby clad with jumpers and jackets
we tickle, she giggles
my heart is warmed
my day lifted
fun and enjoyment
peace

2 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

Sorry I haven't been around lately, Cee! It's been a rough roller coaster week. I lost a dear friend on Tuesday, then welcomed a new baby into our extended family on Wednesday. My part time job is ramping up and my students are coming back from summer break and I've got so much to do that I'm getting waaaaay behind. So don't worry if you don't see me around much for awhile. I'm still a follower! I still love your blog very much, and I'll certainly stop in whenever I get the chance. :-)

Cee said...

You have got a lot on at the moment don't you. Do take it easy and I will love to see you around here whenever you have the chance Homestay Mama. Thankyou for taking the time to let me know how you are going.

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin