Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mysterious Giggles and Sparkles

In Honour of the creative, playful spirit of my Generous Gentleman and my delightful 4 year old daughter Ess.

And as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know.
There are fairies everywhere: under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day.
So listen, touch, and look around - in the air and on the ground.
And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing.
~Author Unknown

When Daddy first went away on his working trip he told us he was hearing lots of giggles in and around his building. He was very curious about where they might be coming from so he snapped some shots everytime he heard a giggle or saw a sparkle and this is what came up in them.

I see something there!



A fairy ring!


One day Daddy heard a giggle coming from inside the sock lying underneath his bed.

He decided to send the sock home to see if I could find out what made the giggle. When the parcel arrived at our house I opened up the package and found a fairy. Her name was Lily. I tried to turn Lily into a real fairy (because she was a doll). First I tried dipping the edge of her wing into the water. Then when we rang Daddy he said that when you catch fairies they turn into dolls until you're not looking. Lily must be a real fairy because she lives in the cabinet but every time I'm not looking she gets out and flies around. I keep discovering her in other places. Now she has a friend, Prilla, who arrived in another package in another one of Daddy's socks I wonder whether any more fairies will arrive in the mail from Daddy's work.

Do you believe in fairies?


[E]very time a child says, "I don't believe in fairies," there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead. ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan




No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin