Thursday, October 15, 2009

Postcards from the Limestone Coast: Nora Creina

I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome. His salt breath brings a blessing along with it. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Foot-prints on the Sea-shore"

Simply stunning!


It was like a sanctuary, a haven, a place where few visited. Those who did come viewed the beautiful sights and left quickly. Others didn't linger like we did.

We clambered over limestone rocks finding caves, watching seagulls.

We sat and we dug, we dug and dug and ran down to the water's edge to fill pails of water.


We explored the many shells and carefully observed the many blue bottle jellyfish in the sand.

Little Eee's tiny footprint

We walked and left a small imprint of our visit.

It took a long while before we were inclined to leave this beautiful place, on such a beautiful day.


When we did finally drag ourselves away, we were both surprised and delighted to see some special birds running over the hill. Do you recognise them?

2 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Your post is so refreshing, and the photos bring back memories.
Hubby and I spent our honeymoon travelling along that coastline, all the way to Adelaide.
I think we need to take a family holiday there!! :)

Cee said...

Your family would love it Alecat. They would so love to see the place of your honeymoon I am certain. My familiy often holidayed at Noosa Heads when I was a child. We were always conscious that it was the place of my parents honeymoon.

Enjoy!

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin