Monday, February 16, 2009

Beauty In Our Bedroom

She watched and taught the girls that sang at their embroidery frames while the great silk flowers grew from their needles.  ~Louise Jordan Miln, The Feast of Lanterns

Mel asked the question, "What's in your bedroom?" and I was immediately reminded of this lovely work I have hanging above our bed.  It is silk ribbon embroidery.  I made this beautiful posy of flowers many years ago when I was still young, single and family free. 


I don't mind how messy the other areas of my house are, but I always love to have my bedroom a place of beauty, peace and serenity.  A place where we can rest our heads at the end of the day without having to worry about needing to tidy it so we can simply rest.  So each morning I tidy this room and leave it tidy.  It generally stays that way as I have trained the girls to jump only on their own beds...well it is usually that way.  It's easier now Ess is at school and little Eee is only just learning to walk.  I'll have some more toddler jumping on the bed years to come - what fun! :)

This embroidery hangs quietly, contributing to the solitude we enjoy together in our bedroom.  To me it is symbolic of the beauty I carry from the days of my youth into my marriage, it reminds me of the beauty I see every day around me and in all who enter and leave our bedroom day by day.

Have a look in Mel's bedroom and if you're inspired, please leave a link here so I can peak in yours.

6 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

HI - Papa here. Thanks for stopping by my site. God has been so very good hasn't He? We are blessed Cee!

Cee said...

Absolutely Papa!

Wendy said...

Hi Cee, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I actually stumbled upon your site while following a picture link from the Ruby Doll Flickr Group. I liked you originality! Your dolls are really cute! I'm sorry that you couldn't understand the words in my blog. I really feel more comfortable writing in Spanish being my first lenguage. I've noticed that a lot of people from Australia like making crafts. Maybe some day I can go visit that beautiful country!
Hope you have a great day!

Melissa Goodsell said...

oh gosh this is beautiful Cee. What a gorgeous piece for your bedroom. I haven't done any ribbon embroidery for years, actually I'm not so sure I could even remember how if I picked up some supplies now. I have some very simple ribbon embroidery projects that I did a long time ago framed in my laundry and I do enjoy catching a glimpse of them every so often on the wall.
Thanks for sharing,
Melx

Cee said...

Hi Wendy

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment. You write beautifully in English but I understand you wanting to blog in Spanish. I simply can't imagine trying to do that in any other language. You are very skilled to say the least.

I am glad you like the Ruby Dolls. You can see we love them too here very much. The girls hug and caress them and I have to make them my header pic!

I will pop back to enjoy your pics every now and then. Be sure to let me know if you post in English one day and of course if you are ever in Australia.

Cheers Cee

Cee said...

I am glad you like the embroidery Mel - had a feeling you might. Would love to see yours also!!

Perhaps ribbon embroidery could be rekindled. I think I need a bit more time on my hands to make something as beautiful as this these days though.

I just don't get the time to sit and fiddle as I used to.

Cheers Cee

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin