Monday, November 23, 2009

Her Creative Space

If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies.... It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it. ~Albert Einstein


I finally found it! The furniture which would create an elegant, beautiful and creative space for my darling daughter.

I am always scouring second hand shops for furniture to delight and so rarely find anything to suit. I am too picky for certain. I have ideas in my head about how I would like things to look and the furniture to match is always either too expensive or very elusive.

Yet, as I was driving along Prospect Road on Thursday, taking little Eee to Kindermusik, a little stash of furniture caught my eye. It was a bedside table (not in my pic) and a little stool (which you can see above). I took my Generous Gentleman back on Friday and we found four pieces in a similar style which we are using for both our girls, including this lovely desk with three drawers. All four cost $100 so I am super pleased with our little purchase.

What delights me most however, is the way Ess is using the space created by her desk (which has replaced a chest of drawers which she could not open). She was unwell on the weekend yet often she could be found creating things on her new desk. Her little mind was ticking over with ideas of what she could place in each drawer (most of which were books!). She drew and coloured, cut and glued and presented homemade gifts to each of us. So delightful!

There is some work to be done - some new handles will give it a pretty lift for my princess and the stools will look lovely when I reupholster them in something prettier than the blue currently adorning the seat. A lick of paint is well in order, yet I feel that the painting may not be done for quite some time yet.

At least the shape is elegant.

5 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

Nice to see that your daughter is inheriting your love of creating lovely things! Her new desk and chair look wonderful! Nice find--and all that for only $100? That's great!

said...

I would have picked the set as well - it looks very very nice!

And your daughter (I can see she is a sweet one, so a tiny photo thanks for sharing, brave mommy!).

Big hug, Nina

Cee said...

Oh thankyou for your lovely compliments. So glad you like the set - we are all delighted here.

shandora said...

loooove the desk! Little miss princEss is very luck to have her own space to be creative!!!

Cee said...

Thanks for your kind words Shandora and I simply love the way you have interpreted my dear Ess' name. My little princEss she is for sure. :)

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin