Monday, November 2, 2009

Pretty Table Linen and more rosy pink "prettyness"

The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've ever seen that I didn't have to clean. ~Erma Bombeck

For a long while now I have been wanting to make some fabric serviettes for our dinner table. There are always very sticky fingers at meal and snack times leaving us searching for something to wipe our hands on which usually turns out being the washer little Eee has used to wipe her face. Thus, as my girls are growing older rapidly, I think we need to use the washer less and embark on adding some prettiness to our days with some fabric serviettes.

The table runner I made after being inspired by Ess' twirly skirt was all I needed to gather inspiration for our new linen. It brightens our white outdoor table setting and always entices me and the girls outside. Today it is hot!, about 35degC outside, yet little Eee and I still enjoyed lunch outdoors with our pretty pink table linen.



I've used these delightful ribbons again from my stash to add a touch of whimsy, and to delight and intrigue little eyes.

Now, while we are outside and enjoying all things pretty...

here are my first rose blooms of the season.


I know you must see my roses more than once each year, yet I cannot resist the beauty of these blossoms. The fragrance is impeccable and the delicate scalloped edge is so very pretty. Here they are again - My Children's Rose.

2 comments:

said...

Dear Cee,

beautiful table runners you have made! The skirt for Ess is very sweet as well - one can see that spring is holding you in it's hands...

The rose blossom is so nice, it is as if I can smell the scent of it through the internet!

Have a great hot weekend (and I hope you are all doing better!).

Nina

Cee said...

Thankyou so much for your kind words Nina. We are preparing ourselves for a very hot week to come. It will be an unprecedented November heatwave up to 37degC by Thurs and Fri. The house will be very very hot by then.

Keep well Nina. I have enjoyed seeing your stockings and am still considering mine. We have made a little drummer boy (the first of Christmas for us) which I am yet to photograph. :)

Cee

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin