Monday, February 22, 2010

The last of the cotton dishcloths

I know I'll keep making more, yet Mel's cloth create-a-long will be winding up shortly.

I really enjoyed crocheting this Tulip Stitch Dishcloth. I think one of the best things about making dishcloths is the opportunity to learn new stitches and styles. My babies have used a sweet pink crocheted blanket over the years. As it was a hand-me-down from my sister's in-laws I do not know the people who made it, even she is uncertain. So I could not find who to ask about the unusual style of crochet. Yet I believe it is very similar to the one used in this cloth. So I am delighted to have finally discovered something which has long been in the back of my mind. Now I might consider making myself a whole blanket...might! There are a few mistakes in my cloth, learnt on the journey into the new style. Yet I have left them as a reminder of what not to do next time and because this will be a cloth I use in my home and not as a gift. I'm pretty sure I've learnt from my mistakes...at least I hope so. That's what they're there for aren't they!

Now on my needles can you guess what it might be?

Here's a different perspective with a hint or two.

The pattern can be found here.

I just love embossed prints and patterns.

I am very glad to have increased my little cloth stash from three...
to ten.

They'll serve me well as gifts for when I'm travelling and visiting family in the next couple of months.

2 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

You are so organized! You've already made the gifts you will be needing to take on your trip! Amazing!

I'm slowly getting more organized. My little organizer book helps me a lot! I am enjoying it so much!

So fun to read your blog!

Cee said...

Well it may appear that way! :) I actually realised I'd need some gifts while away and thought - oh great I can use my freshly made cloths. There was a reason I got involved in this create-a-long. See my creative impulses can be put to good use when followed wisely.

Glad you are getting more organised and using your organiser ;)

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin