Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tiny Blossoms in my Late Summer Garden

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity. ~Lindley Karstens, noproblemgarden.com

Take a little wander with me around our garden.

You will find lots of blossoms as summer leafly growth wanes after the extreme heat we have had. The cool days brings blossom and a reminder that cooler times with more flowers will come again soon. I am so mindful how different it is here from parts of the world where snow covers all flowers during winter. Here the cool times mean flowers are not fried :) I am often amazed at just how many flowers we collected last June in winter.

A tiny basil blossom.

Tiny droplets on a stem of parsley which has gone to seed.

I just love this tiny perspective, looking in between lettuce leaves at the tiny droplet on the rim of the leaf.

Tiny chive blossoms afore a tiny cherub playing.

A beetle on an eggplant blossom. Ess is absolutely positive it is a rhinocerous beetle - I am not so certain. It is unfamiliar to me. It has a distinctive orange cross on its back. Any ideas anyone?

So many tiny blossoms...
on our mint.
There are quite a number of tiny things happening here in our home.


3 comments:

said...

Yes, dear Cee, quite strange how your seasons are different to ours. Yesterday I could get a small glipse of spring sneaking around the corner. The air smelled like it, warm and the snow is starting to melt and I can find some snowdrops seaking their way our of the earth.

How lovely your plants and blossoms are!

Homestay Mama said...

You are an awesome photographer, Cee, but I think you must also have an expensive camera that can zoom in and focus on the minutiae in each flower. My point and shoot camera certainly won't do what your camera does.

Cee said...

Yes seasons are changing here too Nina. The last few mornings and evenings have been quite cool and I am searching for something/someone to snuggle in or with ;) However mostly our days are very warm and the sun shows its strength - up to 31degC today.

Thanks for your compliments HS Mama. My camera is a bridging camera - not a super expensive digital SLR. It does have a great zoom and because I love photographing the smaller things in life I wanted one with a great macro lens. My Pentax X70 is doing the job for me these days. I do enjoy it.

Warm greetings to you both.
Cee

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin