Friday, May 22, 2009

Sharing My Musical Heritage - Part Two

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.  ~Gustav Mahler

Once again my lovely brother, David has posted some music and written about the musical heritage we share.  So I thought I should let you, my devoted readers, know again in order for you to feast your ears.  [Oh, I should tell you, David thought that you might prefer to listen to his own song Unchangeable Truth rather than his Awesomesauce after my last musical post.  I think I agree!]

The first piece in David's new post, Past Life Melodies, is very evocative of the Australian Outback and uses wonderful vocal techniques to carry you there.  Sarah Hopkins is renowned for delving into the world of harmonics in her compositions.  I think I agree with David about the title of the work however.

Go, have a listen!  Take some time and space with you, let the music surround you, immerse yourself, be renewed, energised, feel the music, the goosebumps.  Feast yourself on the lovely harmonic singing at the end of the piece - created purely with voice.  Enjoy the music!

The next track is Great Southern Spirits which takes you right to the heart of our nation, to Uluru.  Once again you will hear some wonderful harmonic singing.

Meanwhile I am off to my nappy change:

After my nap and before I can play
A nappy change is always well on its way.
It's the rhythm, the rhythm, the rhythm of my day.

No, not mine, my darling little Eee's.

A happy musical sunshiny weekend to you all.

No comments:

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin