Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Rainbow's Promises

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
~Irish Blessing


We were all thrilled to feast our eyes on this delightful rainbow yesterday afternoon.  The rain has been coming down nicely over the last little while.   It is not constant and still hasn't stopped me walking, but it is raining here in South Australia. 

Yesterday afternoon the sky was filled with dark clouds, there were some downpours of rain.  As the sun began to shine through strongly I urged my little tribe to head outside as there surely would be a rainbow appearing through the rain.  Indeed there was, a double bow!  Can you see the second one there?

We saw the end of the rainbow, right there, almost within an arms reach.  Ess and little Eee and I longed to run over to the greening hills to catch the end of the rainbow.  We decided we'd explore the end of it to find that elusive pot of gold.  "A pot of chocolate gold", Ess declared elatedly, bright eyes beaming with excitement.  Her little legs pounding up and down.  We could hardly hold her back.  Had she been just a little more athletic, I am sure she would have run off down our hill.  But, wise sage as she is, she knew just how far it is to the foothills.  So that pot of gold remains at the end of our rainbow, waiting for another day.

A promise of sunshine, a promise of rain, a promise of brightness, love, excitement and colour.

A promise of happiness, a promise of love, a promise of mercy, in covenant with our maker.

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Gen 9:13-16

Does a rainbow have a promise for you?

1 comment:

Homestay Mama said...

Oh, Cee. What a beautiful post! I love rainbows--and that verse in Genesis.
And yes!
I believe your rainbow post today is from God telling me that his promise for my son is on its way!

Thank you so much!

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin