Monday, June 22, 2009

Tiny Stitches for Tiny Fingers


Our inspiration: Kim Archer's Blossom Friends Felt Finger Puppets in the new Australian Homesewn Magazine.

Our design and creative process:

Ess loved creating new hairstyles for our gals and continued this activity in her own book with sketchings of many new friends.

Our result (of a work still in progress):


There is just something so enticing and intriguing about making tiny tiny stitches to form something which is pretty for my little ones to play with.  It is calming, relaxing, inspiring and productive.  But that's not all...I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Enjoyed in play:

Little Eee's favourite game with the puppets this morning was to pop them on her fingers one by one, then throw them down on the floor combining both fine and gross motor skill development.  What a clever little poppet!  She also simply loved swishing them all down after I had lined them up neatly on the window sill to be photographed ;).

This is how I enjoyed our winter solstice, snuggled up with tiny needle in hand making tiny stitches to delight tiny hearts with tiny finger puppets for magnanimous amounts of fun, creativity and play.

5 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

How adorable! And from the sounds of it, a lot of fun for your little ones! So much better than store-bought toys to my way of thinking.

Kim Archer said...

Hi Cee
How lovely to hear from you on my blog this morning and then find your delightful blog! I LOVE your puppets - they have turned out beautifully.
KIM Archer

Beth Brawley Taylor said...

How lovely! My youngest son (I have all boys) is 10 and he loves Perler Beads. We make designs and then iron them to melt them together and he hangs them in his room. I love projects with the little man. They grow up all too soon and you inspire others to capture the moments while you can! Bless you today.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Just beautiful. Congratulations on a lovely job! I'm certain she'll enjoy those for years to come. :)
I'd like to share an award with you, so when you have time, could you please come by my blog. All the details are there.
Kind regards,
alecat

Cee said...

Thankyou so much for your lovely compliments.

And an Award Alecat. How delightful! Thankyou!

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin