Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rosemary and Chickpea Flatbread


My Ess has recently taken to making flatbreads.  Have I told you about her Meatballs with Rosemary Flatbreads and Carrot Salad?  She was inspired by Junior Masterchef.  A definite favourite during the last part of last year.  She took the whole day to make the whole dish but was absolutely focused all day long.  I didn't intervene at all unless she asked for help.  We were hungry for lunch by 4pm but at least Daddy could join us.  And the meal became tea - lucky for me.


I'm not sure what inspired me, but I was certain there had to be a lovely flat bread using besan (chickpea flour).  So the hunt began!   Yesterday we found a nice-looking recipe with besan added.  We made the flatbread and devoured them in one sitting.  This morning we made them again... and yes, devoured them again.


I really like this recipe because the bread is baked in the oven for a short 10 minutes.  The other flatbreads were cooked in a pan which was much more hands, much more effort.

They are very simple, very quick, so you must simply try them yourself, you must.

Find the recipe here at pikelet & pie.  You really should head over there.  She has teamed these with a Zucchini and Feta salad which tempts me but probably not my lassies.  Her photos are thus much more enticing than those you see here. :)


2 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

This looks and sounds delicious. I can't have gluten, so I wonder if it would still taste as good if I substituted rice flour and xanthum gum in place of the wheat flour?

Cee said...

Quite probably HS Mama. We are not having much gluten so I have made these with varying flours including baby rice cereal and spelt (low in gluten). There's such a small amount of plain flour I am sure another type won't hurt. Not sure I'd add Xanthum gum - probably wouldn't need it, but try. We also add LSA as the girls will actually eat it in this format.

Hugs to you

Our New Treasure

Lilypie Maternity tickers

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin